Apr 21, 2006

no longer engaged

so i have class with four girls, all of whom are engaged. there are two of them that i have even sat with from the beginning of the semester.

except that i lied. sometime in the past two weeks, all four of them ceased to be engaged.

some sort of epidemic has seized those around me, and i'm not sure why. but its not something i could keep to myself. its kind of scary, really.

and i'm thrilled that the plague has not struck me.

------
Re: abortion post

thanks to all the people who "got it".

no, i am not an abortion supporter. and no, i'm not just trying to "get people to come to my site so i can make money." i'll have you know that the day i put that post up, i made a whopping 0.01 dollars.

and no, i know of no real scriptural support for the age of accountability. that was my point. i'm not sure i'm ready to take it this far, but i think the point is we don't know where babies go.

thus, this is my problem: if we don't know where babies go, what the heck are we doing just sitting around? abortion is a MUCH bigger issue if some of those kids even might be going to hell.

or at least, that's my take.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, your post has certainly generated a lot of response. My question is, how could someone NOT know you were joking? Usually I don't agree with him, but in this case I think Mr. Burke was right. Christians usually don't get satire. Much love bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it. If I had thought you actually believed what you wrote, I probably would have been much more forceful in what I said. Also, my post was written to show that it's not as simple as just saying there is no biblical evidence for the "age of accountability." While it's true that the Bible doesn't explicitly teach it, I believe it can be inferred. Unfortunately, it seems to me that most people who do not believe in this doctrine simply assert that it's not biblical and do not deal with the texts that are used to support it. I'm glad to hear that you agree it is not that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that I got all ticked off. I guess I didn't read the article way. But rereading it I understand now. Thanks for explaining it too me. I feel stupid now. I will read things better next time and as you said "keep my thinking cap on."

    Thanks,
    NR

    ReplyDelete
  4. you better watch how you scare people. i'ma come getchu!

    ReplyDelete